- 144 homes went under contract in Herndon. This is up (5.9%) from the same time period in 2018.
- 36.11% of homes that went to settlement in June 2019, sold in 10 days or less from when they hit the market.
- Median sold price is $560,000 (up 10.3% from the same time period in 2018 when it was $507,750).
- 138 homes came on the market. That’s down 2.8% from May 2018.
- Homes that sold (closed) averaged 28 days on the market, 10 days faster than in May of 2018.
- There is currently a 1.1 month supply of homes (remember, in a balanced market – the demand from buyers equals the supply from sellers – there is a 5-6 months supply) in Herndon – and 160 Herndon homes for sale (townhouse, condo and single family).
OVERALL: Herndon remains in a Seller’s Market. A notable change from last month: there are less homes listed for sale(down 2.8%) and this has caused housing supply to shrink to 1.1 months. The median sold price is up 10.3% from the same time last year but the month over month sales price fluctuates quite a bit(down 5.7% last month) so focus on the year over year total: Herndon’s current 2019 median sold price is up 3.1% from last year.