- 76 homes went under contract in Herndon. That is up (0%) from the same time period in 2018.
- 46.37% of homes that went to settlement in November 2019 sold in 10 days or fewer from when they hit the market.
- Median sold price is $514,900 (up 3.6% from the same time-period in 2018 when it was $497,000).
- 69 homes came on the market. That’s down 11.5% from November 2018.
- Homes that sold (closed) averaged 30 days on the market, 4 days faster than in November of 2018.
- There is currently a 1.53 month supply of homes (remember, in a balanced market – the demand from buyers equals the supply from sellers – there is a 5-6 months supply) in Herndon, and 106 homes for sale (townhouse, condo and single family).
OVERALL: Herndon remains in a seller’s market. We did not see a drop in homes going under contract but new listings are down 11.5% from the same time last year. Seeing new listings drop Nov-Dec. is typical as many sellers wait to list their homes after the holidays. It is nice to see demand remaining the same from November 2018 with 76 homes going under contract and overall homes in Herndon are still selling quick with 46% of homes selling in 10 days or less. The annual housing market report is coming next month and we’ll compare Herndon to the rest of the Northern VA housing market. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!