- 59 homes went under contract in Herndon. That is up (40.5%) from the same time period in 2018.
- 43.66% of homes that went to settlement in December 2019 sold in 10 days or fewer from when they hit the market.
- Median sold price is $505,000 (up 3.1% from the same time-period in 2018 when it was $490,000).
- 60 homes came on the market. That’s up 57.9% from December 2018.
- Homes that sold (closed) averaged 27 days on the market, 10 days faster than in December of 2018.
- There is currently a 1.35 month supply of homes (remember, in a balanced market – the demand from buyers equals the supply from sellers – there is a 5-6 months supply) in Herndon, and 106 homes for sale (townhouse, condo and single family).
OVERALL: Herndon remains in a seller’s market. The year end numbers are in and here is how the Herndon housing market performed in 2019.
- 1110 homes sold which is up 9.8% from 2018.
- 52% of homes that went to settlement in 2019 sold in 10 days or less from when they hit the market.
- Median sold price was $530,000 (up 3.92% from 2018 when it was $510,000) Note: Herndon (20170) outperformed Herndon (20171) with a medium sold price up 5.39% from 2018 as compared to 20171 which was up 1.22% from 2018.
- 1417 homes came on the market. That’s up 7.9% from 2018.
- Homes that sold (closed) averaged 23 days on the market, 25 days faster than 2018.
- There was on average 1.27 months of supply of homes, that is slightly down from 2018 which averaged 1.29 months of supply.